Trudie KNIJN, Prof. Dr.
Trudie studied sociology at the University of Tilburg and worked as a lecturer and junior researcher at the department of Cultural Psychology of the Radboud University (Nijmegen). Since 1985 she has been working at Utrecht University, where she became full professor of Interdisciplinary Social Science in 2003. Currently she is head of the Centre for Social Policy and Intervention Studies (SOPINS), co-chair of the board of ESPAnet with Steffen Mau (University of Bremen), Coordinator of the National Associations of ESPAnet, member of the Executive committee of the Network of Excellence Reconciling Work and Welfare (RECWOWE), and co-coordinator of the research programme Pathways to Work.
Her research focuses on:
- Family relations and family policy, lone parent families, fatherhood
- Professional and informal care, payments for care
- New governance and the implementation of social policy
- Comparative welfare state analysis in care and welfare
- Evaluation of Interventions in the Netherlands and South Africa